Global Pandemic: Day 6

This weekend marks the last of the excuses. Only Essential workers are allowed to leave their homes.

You can go out to walk the dog...alone.
You can exercise outside...alone.
You can go get groceries...at a social distance.

It's not called a lock down or a "stay in place". Gov. Cuomo is calling it "tightening the valve".

Everything non essential is closed...though I'm not quite sure how liquor stores got around that. But booze in NY is apparently essential.

So I'm consolidating my grocery list for tomorrow. I will brave the social distancing and hand-sanitizer laden grocery store and hope that I can get most of what I'm looking for in one go. I will organize my list so that I can quickly and efficiently get in and then check out. I will be going to a store that has self-checkouts rather than deal with a cashier. I will have the only bottle of hand sanitizer I own in my pocket.

I'm a bit nervous. I know I shouldn't be. I mean, I'm not located in a "hotspot" for the virus. But I can't help but be paranoid. I will whisper "Don't touch your face." the whole way there and I will double check that I have the sanitizer in my pocket at least a dozen times before I get out of the car. What has the world come to? Am I going to be a psychotic germ-o-phobe after this? Sheesh.

When did going to the grocery store become an episode of Survivor?

Anyway, to take my mind off the groceries, I scrapbooked some pages of a past Disney trip. It was bittersweet; great memories but also a reminder that Disney World is shut down, too. sigh.

I started with organizing the photos I had. Didn't realize I had so many. I didn't make any notes or keep a travel journal of this trip (I usually do on long vacations so I remember the sequence of events) so I decided to just organize the photos into general themes.


 I forgot to take pictures before I had added the page protector so sorry that these photos aren't the best.


I even kept a few receipts on this trip so I added a few here since I find it interesting  to remember how expensive Disney prices are. This receipt shows how I spent a bit over $10 on two Lemon slushies. Yup. Seriously.



I didn't do a whole lot of embellishing. I liked the photos too much to distract from them. I have concluded, in this day and age, when you can crop a picture and resize it as you want BEFORE it's printed, it really cuts down on the empty space I usually end with on a page. I used to have room on every scrapbook page for embellishments and stickers. But not these days. I barely have room to journal. I suppose I could spread the photos out over more pages but then that seems to spread the photos too thin. So my layouts tend to be pretty simple and straight-forward these days. Especially for Disney photos...there's so many of them.

Anyway, continue to stay home and pull out some scrapbooks that you have done. I'm going to do that soon. (I'd keep working on this book but I ran out of tape! I tried a substitute but it SUCKS! So an on-line order is getting placed tonight.)
Enjoy some vacation memories.
-Wy
Wash your hands.
Soak up the sun.

Comments

Popular Posts