Halloween ATCs

Hey, here's a few ATCs I've done up with my never ending supply of Halloween materials. I hope to be sharing more Spooktacular art during the whole month of October. But unlike the last couple years, I don't have a set schedule. They happen when they happen. So check back all month long!


Widen Your Gaze:  As I was throwing this one together, the corner symbol reminded me of the newer Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. The movie's villain uses witchcraft, pagan symbols, and primitive science to work his master plan. From his prison cell, he warns Holmes that he isn't finished; that Holmes needs to "widen his gaze" and this line has always stuck with me. When I get too bogged down in detail, I often repeat it to myself.


Trick or Treat? The background of this card was already in place and it reminded me of large tree trunks. I decided to make a spooky forest with a lost trick or treater trying to find his way home.


A Strange Noise:  I did not want to do much of anything to this card as I just loved the splattery background. But the drips reminded me of caverns and so using up my bat stickers worked out nicely.


The Undertaker:  Once again, a background I didn't want to cover up. Decided to keep to the gray tones and just collaged some ephemera. 


Thanks for stopping by!
-Wy

My Etsy Store has several Halloween themed artworks for sale so if you are interested in some of my past projects from the blog, check it out! I am offering Free Shipping on orders over $35 and most of the large pieces qualify for that. Thx!

Comments

Popular Posts