Throwback Thursday: Ghosts of the Past





Ok, so today's post is a bit of a cop out, I admit it.
This is not a completely new blog post with a new project.

However, I have gone back through the archives of Sometimes Wy to dig up some useful Halloween inspiration that you might have forgotten or overlooked.

These are a few ghosts of the past come back to haunt this years Halloween marathon.
This may be the beginning of a new life for the Throwback Thursday post...like a corpse rising from the grave.

So here's the first throwback.
Remember this:
It was posted October 14, 2012 under the blog post title, "Wanted: A Little Courage". Strange about going back and reading these old posts. Some of the things I've written then are the same today. Check out the full post, if you're interested in the memories. Just scroll down to the photos, if you're interested in seeing how I put this tag together. In case you were wondering, yes, I still have this tag.


So here's another project near and dear to my heart.

This was posted on October 23, 2013 under the title, "Poe's Nevermore". It's the cover of a composition notebook that I altered. (and subsequently sold at a craft show) Check out the old blog post to see some of the old supplies I used and to see the back cover and more detailed photos, if you so desire. This was really the inspiration for my Poe Canvas series.

How about this one?
This blog post is from January 27, 2016, not too long ago. It is titled quite simply, Chibitronics: Paper Lanterns.



This blog post fits in here because I always thought I'd make these at Halloween time. The Chibitronics LEDs and copper tape allow the lanterns to be battery powered. Thus, they can be hung anywhere! Though, the post shows blue lanterns, these paper lanterns come in many colors and I currently have green ones in my hoard that would be good for Halloween or for an Alien Invasion party.
I admit that the post is lengthy and may seem intimidating but honestly, the circuit I devised is wickedly easy to make. The crux of the complexity comes in the removal of the inner core frame of the lantern itself.
(I'm also making note of the post as I will need it to complete the green ones. This recent link will make it easier to find later for me!)

So that's Throwback Thursday for the Halloween Marathon. Thanks for stopping in!
New Halloween post on Sunday and then hopefully, on Tuesday...Halloween Day!
Thanks for joining me throughout the month.
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts