ABC Tags of Halloween: Part 2

Happy Halloween!

This is the last post for my Halloween Projects Month. It's the second half of the alphabet tags I was making. So here's the end. To see the beginning of the alphabet, go to this POST. Remember these are mop-up tags mostly and I'm trying to use them up!



N is for Night:  Those galaxy backgrounds are all the rage. And why not? They are flippin' awesome. Makes for a great background for my silhouetted tree. The colors were mostly there so I just needed to darken the edges and splatter some white gesso.

O is for Owl:  Here's another thing that's trending: owls. This stamp is from Dare to B Artsy and the owl comes with three "costumes". He's just fun.

P is for Poe:  I had a few choices for this letter but how could I not do Edgar Allan Poe? I stamped him onto a a piece of patterned paper and cut him out. Stamp image is from Carmen's Veranda.




Q is for Queen (of Halloween):  Difficult letter. So I went with Queen of Halloween and that is obviously a witch. Tim Holtz rubber stamp image over my large orange dot background. I like that she's hanging off the edges as it makes her feel like she's flying.

R is for Robot:  I had other ideas for this letter but I'm a sucker for the old handmade robot costume at Halloween. Stamp by Tim Holtz again and I am reminded that I don't use these stamps enough. I really do like them.

S is for Skeleton:  This might be a Tim Holtz triptych or something. This stamp is also from one of his sets. I debated about this background but I really think it works. That stencil in the background is also Tim Holtz.



T is for Tombstone:  The background on this tag also would have made a good start to a galaxy but it makes an even better Halloween sky. The tombstone is a stamp I carved and I went with the crescent moon in the sky. I was going to add the letter in a circle like the others but the tombstone cross resembled the letter so I just let it lie there.

U is for Undertaker:  I admit that I almost (almost, almost mind you) printed out a picture of the Undertaker...the wrestler for this tag. But I got a little lazy and wondered if I could turn that Tim Holtz stamp of "the chemist" into a passable undertaker. I think I did ok. Rest in Peace.

V is for Voodoo:  While vampire is an obvious reference here, you'll recall that for my letter "D" I did Dracula. So I went with this one and I admit, it might be my favorite. The tag was merely stamped with that bubble background (Lost Coast Designs) so I added some Distress inks over the top for deep color. I wasn't sure I could draw a voodoo doll so went into my Lawn Fawn stamps to find something that might be turned into a pincushion. This little scarecrow stamp really fit the bill. I stamped it without the face and then just penned in my own. I also added the pins then cut it out. I like this transformation.




W is for Werewolf:  This image is from a collage sheet found at Joggles.com. I liked how he isn't too scary but not whimsical either. And I adore the fact that the shirt he is wearing says, "I *heart* cats.".

X is for Xbones:  Any alphabet is difficult to complete if you don't take liberties with this letter. So "X" is for Crossbones. I used this sweet little stamp on a tag awhile back and fell in love with the tag. It has the same effect here. That stamp was embossed with Prima Donna Purple from Lindy's and it's fabulous.

Y is for Yellow:  Another difficult letter but I went with a color. October is a month of yellow where I live. The trees turn yellow, the sky turns yellow, the moon turns yellow. Throw in touches of orange and red and it's a season for spooky adventures. I went with a cornfield because those dead stalks make whole countrysides that autumn yellow.

Z is for Zombie:  Naturally, I guess. I'm not a huge zombie fan as most are too gory for me. But this zombie wasn't too bad and is from a collage sheet from Joggles.com. I faked the fussy cutting but coloring in the white space with a marker that matched the background. You can tell if you're looking but overall, I like the way it blends in. The white space would have bugged me.

So I hope you enjoyed the second half of the alphabet!

This completes my month long Halloween Blog Extravaganza! I hope you'll come back again and see more stuff that I make. I post about my Art Journaling and usually canvases that I create. And I'll even put up a greeting card now and again.

I appreciate your support and all the page views. Please feel free to share these projects with friends or pin them to Pinterest.

Have a Happy Halloween!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts