Pages and News


The Bright Side:  I've been in a very yellow-orange mood lately. Just wanted to bust out a stencil I haven't used yet. I wonder if it's because I've been thinking about Halloween.


Done That:  This one may look familiar. I liked the other page so much that I wondered what would happen if I used black embossing paste for the flowers. This page was the negative image of the other. See:

When I made this page, I sprayed through the stencil to make orange and pink flowers. Because there was ink then all over the stencil, I flipped it over onto the upper page. So the background was orange and pink with the flowers blank. So even though the end result is basically the same, they were done differently.


In other news, I have fallen terribly behind in my 6 X 6 challenge. I think it may have run its course. Some of the recent themes are very interesting to me but for some reason I can't seem to bring it together in a page. I may try to catch up through the end of July and call it done.

I also will have a canvas on display at the end of the week at the Gibson Gallery on the SUNY Potsdam campus. Details can be found at my Facebook page. It's called "Moonshine" and if you follow the blog, then you've already seen my inspiration art journal page. If you are local to the Potsdam, NY area or visiting for college alumni weekend, stop by the gallery to see a lot of wonderful artwork from a host of local artists. 

Lastly, I am dwelling on Halloween. It's always around this time of year, I try to start planning projects for my HUGE Halloween month long blog celebration. Last year, I went with a theme of green but I'm not sure I want to go with a theme this year. All I am sure about is that a new Poe piece will be completed. I think there will be a lot of little projects this year and maybe some Halloween party invitations. Anyway, I have a lot of thinking and planning to do for this but it has to start with the brainstorming! If you have any ideas, let me know either here or at my Facebook page!

Thanks for reading to the end!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts