It Has to Start Somewhere

Some more pages from the large Dylusions journal.

I have more pages remaining than I realized and that fact has made me a bit stressed. I'm not sure why. I thought I was close to finishing it up but turns out not as close as I thought. So I've decided to just breathe, stop putting myself on deadlines, and just do what I feel like when I open it up.

Enjoy.



Unbecoming:  Just pulled out the quote for this mess of collage. This was a start. When I first sit down, I just wanna use up some stuff within reach. This was the result. I generally am never happy with it but it's really just a warm up anyway.


Good Stuff:   My plan was to use a resist technique with a stencil I haven't used in a while, if at all. So I went with bright colors; orange and pink. Added transparent paste over them and decided on lime green for background. I intended this to just be a background but I fell in love with it. Done.


Balance:   I so loved how Good Stuff turned out that I decided to pull out a medium I hadn't used in a long time: glass bead gel. I did the same thing with this page and adore it. It's so hard to get a good photo of the little beads but it's so lovely in person. My words didn't come out great but they work well enough for me. I wish all my pages turned out this lovely but without the start, I wouldn't have been brought to this place. I can't wait for the next start to see where it leads.



Take care,
Wy

Comments

Popular Posts