6 X 6 (6)

Hmmm...not sure about that title...

Anyway these are the last three pages of the 6X6 challenge by Rachel Black. You can see her videos for mixed media techniques and wonderful projects on her YouTube Channel. #artfulevidence

Week 18: Circles: Imagine. It took a couple tries to just relax and do much like Rachel did. I had a million ideas for this theme and it just clogged up my brain. I can't even tell you why I like this so much, I just do.


Week 19: Things with Wings: Unimaginable.   I was tired of butterflies, had already done a bird, and I just wasn't feeling the "bee" theme that had been my first thought. But hey, dragons have wings. Even if I don't have a good image of one. This little die-cut dragon had been in my stash for close to ten years. I doctored him a bit...cut off his tail to reposition it and colored him to match his brand new wings.



Week 20: Free Choice: The Other Side.  This last week's theme was one that we could make up for ourselves. So long as it was 6X6, anything goes. So here's how this little piece came into being. My first thought was to use a stamp set that I hadn't touched yet. (I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had choices here. Yup, a few sets I haven't used yet. Ugh.) The one that I decided on was a set from Unity that includes a lovely whale that I have been itching to use. I even did the page. But there were things I didn't like about it as it was winding down to completion. I had used the same colors throughout the page and there was little differentiation between the sky and the sea. The whale was pretty but it didn't seem to fit with the quote. I didn't want to start another page so I left it and figured I'd give it a day and come back to see what I thought of it.

In the interim, I saw a spot on Antiques Roadshow that featured a painting from a Pennsylvania artist. I didn't catch the name but he was well-known for doing night scenes. While the painting didn't catch my fancy, the fact that it was a night scene got me to thinking about my little 6X6. Why did the ship have to be sailing in the daytime? Wouldn't it be more scary at night? Then, the Dylusions set of stamps came to mind. Those tentacles are some of my favorite stamps. I will do anything to work them into a piece. Voila! This final version makes me super happy despite the fact that it represents a very dramatic week.
I thought this quote was very appropriate for ending this challenge. I made it safely to the other side and I think this last page might be my favorite of all.

Thanks for hanging out with me and checking out the blog!
Come back soon!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts