Sunday Scrap: Art Journal

I've been very "on the fence" about starting in with the Art Journal Adventure this year. It's a weekly prompt and I never seem to have time to make a page a week. I can sit down to do many prompts at once but it hardly seems the point. If I had done Week 1 when it went up, I never would have the theme for Week 3 in my head simultaneously. So somehow it just doesn't seem genuine.

But that doesn't mean I won't be working in an Art Journal. In fact, I plan to play in several. (And just wait until the Dyalog system becomes available. Geez. I'm already excited about that.) Anyway, here's another page or two. I did these in a large Dylusions journal today.


Animal Adventure:  Just decided to use up scrap papers. If you are a fan of the blog, you know I have PAPER. I wanted to use up a bunch that had been on my table for too long. This didn't start as a 2 page spread. I did the left side then still had paper so just did the right side as well. Also great practice for PITT pen outlining.








So I went to photograph (and not very well) the other page I completed today, and this happened.

My cat, Cloudy, decided to make my page her sitting place and sleeping pad. Fortunately, all the glue was dry! It's nice to know she likes my Art Journal, too.
Anyway, after some treats, I managed to get a couple photos of the other page I completed today.


Sweet Nothing:  My attempt at an Ultra Violet page. I used an old greeting card front that I had made several years ago with a tag on it. Not sure why I pulled the card out of my stash. I sometimes think that some of my cards are too "artsy" for people. I think "why would anyone send someone that card?" But I'm trying to remind myself that cards can be little slices of artwork that someone buys for a friend. I'm gearing up for an Ultra Violet project and this page helped me to test out some color sprays.
Apologies for the quality of the photo. I must have had cat hair on the lens.

Have a great week!
-Wy
PS: Cloudy says Hey.

Comments

Popular Posts