Last Bit of Art Journal and Composition Books

I didn't photo every page of my first art journal but here's the last picture:




Sea to Sky:  This spread was just about playing with my jellyfish stamp! It occured to me that I could combine elements that seemed to "float" so I added in the kites. I started with a very yellow background and just hated it. Finished product: not so bad...for a first try at a vision.

Jellyfish and pollen spore stamps from 100 Proof Press, Dylusions spray, Distress Stain, Distress markers, Kite&sun&wave stamps from Lawn Fawn.



Composition Notebook Cover:  I've forgotten what I've titled this! It was really one of my first attempts at using techniques seen by Christy Tomlinson for her "she-art". Overall, I really like it. The Washi tape bugs me a bit now but I do like how it came together. The front is the one with the woman form and the back is the jeweled flowers.

It's just one of those dollar store Composition Notebooks (the kind with the black and white mottled covers). I modpodged torn up scrapbook papers to the cover as my first layer. Painted the background over that in fluid acrylics. Added a bit of shine to the blue by using Silks (silver) over that portion. Stamped some background texture and the "weeds" in StazOn. Then, cut out and modpodged my collage elements (just random crap I had been saving for who knows what...most of it came from the random sheets that you get in the Somerset Studio magazine!). Added punched out flowers and dictionary page clouds rimmed with blue gelato. I modpodged the Washi tape down at some point (which I now don't really like).

I enjoyed myself with this so I went ahead and did some smaller ones, too.



For some reason, I get really excited when I use up scraps or older stuff I've had in my stash for ages! Those flowers were from punches leftover from my art journal, Color Wheel page. I had been eating some Hershey's kisses while working and found a few vintage chocolate labels. And the rose had been on some free sheet and the quote had come in the mail from one of those charities that send you free labels. No background papers under the paint here, just white gesso. Everything is coated with a top layer of ModPodge as I think of these smaller ones as something that a woman can slip into her purse.

I've got more cards done and will try to photo some of those soon. And I've started spraying ink into the next Art Journal. Stay tuned!
---Wy
"For one minute, walk outside. Stand there, in silence. Look up at the sky, and comtemplate how amazing life is."

Comments

Popular Posts