The New Normal: Phase 2: Day 9

Whew! What a week.

I have been staying away from the news once again but I still don't consider the week a good one for me personally. If I had to classify it, I'd say it was frustrating and annoying.

But I tried to get it out of my system with an art journal page.
You know the drill: Color Palette Journal, Pinterest Board inspiration.

Here's the Palette I tentatively called "Purple Mountain Majesty".

When I see a palette with black in it, I immediately think that black will be my background. I do like to work on black paper and substrates. However, I decided to keep the black to a bit of splatter and focus on the delightful combination of teal and purple.


I thought I'd do purple flowers on a teal background but as my need to scream grew in intensity, I changed my plan to go with bugs. Bugs, those little devilish ingrates that get under your skin and burrow into your thoughts to cause that frustrating itch that you cannot scratch. It was the heart of my mood.
The page seemed a bit empty after I had all my bugs in place but a bit of washi tape solved that problem. I framed the opposite corners with some phrases found in a Tim Holtz stamp set (along with the bugs). 


Despite the negative mood in which this was conceived, I am rather enamored with the page. I love the touches of washi.

Time to choose another palette. This journal is beyond it's halfway point, certainly not enough to finish the 250 odd pins on the board, so expect to see another Color Palette Journal after this one.

Black Lives Matter
Wear Your Mask
Save lives.
Be Kind.
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts