The New Normal: Phase 3: Day 2

In my neck of the woods, Phase 3 has begun of the reopening of New York. I'm still a bit nervous about it despite only a few cases in the county over the last couple of weeks. It's not NY that worries me now but other states whose cases of Covid-19 continue to rise. And will the protests affect the spread? Have we allowed sufficient time between phases to know if we have a problem? What happens when people begin to travel more between states? Both Pennsylvania and Vermont are showing upticks. What happened to a "regional" reopening plan between states in the NE? Is that no longer a "thing"? I haven't heard the Governor talk about it recently. 

 I no longer feel inclined to listen to the Governor's "address" every day now as most of it no longer centers on Covid-19. While he insists we're not finished on this front yet, he doesn't appear to have much new information either. In true political form, he seems hesitant to give up his "daily briefing" in spite of the fact that he wasn't going to "make this political". If he wants NY to continue to take this seriously, he better continue to inform people that we haven't reached the finish line yet. The more his briefings stray from Covid, the more people think we're in the clear. 

Despite all these questions, I generally trust what the state has in place for mandates and reopening plans. Though, I'm beginning to detest the mask. I'm not sure if it's psychological or what but I don't tend to breathe properly when wearing it. I also seem to get more light-headed when I wear it for long periods. Recycled air with it's higher CO2, perhaps. 

In any event, I finished another Color Palette and this one I really like.
Here's the randomly selected Palette:

I named it "Lime" but I ended up taking a different road. The Palette is obviously an ombre of green with a little pale bluish-green at the end. That last color is in fact the exact color of the new color of Distress Ink; Speckled Egg and I had recently received it in the mail. That would be the background and the greens would be leaves. Here's what I came up with:




Green Sleeper:  I wanted leaves and I hadn't used my Fearless Face Stencil in a long time. Those two things were all I knew. "I've been sleeping a thousand years it seems. Got to open my eyes to everything. Bring. Me. To. Life." (Evanessence)


Stay Safe.
Wear your mask.
Black Lives Matter
Be the Change.
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts