Back into the Art Journal

 I usually get a bit behind on blogging in the summer. Every year I think it'll be different but it never is. 

So here I am back at it, finally. I finished some pages in my large Art Journal; the one I thought I would have finished by now. Well, as of today, I only have 2 pages left. Wonder how long those 2 pages will take me.

Here's a look at them without too much explanation. Just enjoy the view.


Trying to get back into it, I just went with a color combo that was unexpected. It matches the image better than the photo displays. Just throwing some stuff around to get into the groove.

Went back to the magazine cut-outs that I have hoarded over the years. Tried to fill a page rather than get too creative with it. 



You can see the little touches of pink in the background that connected these cut-out birds to the page. I went "Dylusional" on this page. 


I had these stringy green wavy things in my scraps hoard. I may have been holding them for flower stems but they looked so good on this background. I was thinking another underwater/mermaid scene when I found the Great White. And as providence would have it, Discovery Channel's Shark Week began this week!

The background was nothing special so I covered it all up, mostly. I just loved the image, the little story, and I used up old alphabet stickers for the frame around the edge. 

These pages are not super creative but they do preserve some of the stuff in my stash. Stuff that I don't like to use because it's too pretty or I like it just the way it is. It isn't gonna get seen in my file folders! It will get seen on an art journal page no matter how much "art" I add to it.

So today I have learned that my art journal needs to hold the things I like and want to keep and look at again. It doesn't have to come from a blank page every time.

Stay well. Create much.

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts