Color Palette Journal: Desert Sky

I have decided to normalize the blog titles even though, here in the US, things are hardly normal. I'm not going to elaborate on the big picture with Covid-19 because it is nothing I can control. I can only control my own actions. I need to let the rest go. It frustrates me too much. It gets me all worked up. Soooo...

Let's talk about art journaling.

I find myself really liking my Color Palette Journal. I haven't had this much fun and satisfaction since I finished up my Sing Song Journal. (Go back through some old posts here on the blog to see pages from that. A journal inspired by the songs that I was listening to while I sat down to create.) Since my Pinterest board has over 200 color palettes still on it, I think I may be doing these journals for a while. I have come to the conclusion that I am mainly inspired by color. (duh) 

So here's the Palette that was randomly selected for this spread. I named it Desert Sky.
It's hard to tell if that really dark color is a very dark blue or black. I chose dark blue.
I had a spread in this journal that already had stamps on it. I used some Lawn Fawn stamps and set up a scene but I had never colored it in. So this palette seemed to work well for it.




Unbelievable: This came together quickly since I only needed to add color. My Nessie is a bit darker than I'd like but overall I like the page. It isn't great art but I think it's cute. The word is my word for the week because it's what I mutter to myself every time I turn on the news.

Wherever you are, please stay safe.
Stay home if you can. Wear a mask because it works! 
Wash your hands and social distance no matter what.
Please don't make this last longer than it has to. Be smart.
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts