Artist Journal: Still Working

Still working in the Artist Journal as I call it. (to distinguish it from my other journals that I work in)
If you need the lowdown on the journal, go to this POST.

Otherwise, here's a few more pages that have been done. No tutorials or anything, just general comments.


Hippie Chick:  (Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!)  The page on the left was just an experiment with new gelato colors and to use up those "confetti" stickers. Nothing too special, just fun.



Twilight Flowers:  This page is actually a tester page. I have an idea for a canvas and wanted to "test" out a few things first. Test #1: Applying ModPodge over gelato. A light coat still causes a bit of color blending so I need to keep that in mind. Test #2: Can I apply spray inks over the Mod Podge coat? The ones I used seem to work well. But I didn't apply another coat of Mod Podge over the top of them. But they will dry over the Mod Podge. Test #3: Do flowers in darker colors still look pretty? I'd say yes. Also tried out a new flower form; the pansy. Test #4: Modeling paste. Will it stay white? Nope. It lifts the ink spray. Good to know.




Ribbet: Wow, do I really like this page! I was stuck (let's face it, I have been stuck for awhile in this journal!) so I took a look through my magazine clippings. Went through my Animal folder and saw this bullfrog. I was attracted by the gold flecks in the eyes. So I used my Izinks for the background. I just used them like a paint and they look fabulous! You can't really see it in the photos but the Izinks have a very "metallic" finish. They look like you've painted over aluminum foil. Background stamp is the bubble background from Lost Coast Designs stamped in Azure StazOn. Used up some scraps for the top...tried out the new Distress color Mermaid Lagoon on the embossed paper. Very nice! I outlined the frog with some black gelato and blended it out with my finger to give him a nice shadow.

 Ghost Writer:  This page is the second attempt; the first is on the backside. It was intended/inspired by a challenge over at the Challenge blog: Quoth the Raven. (If you are a fan of Edgar Allan Poe, you need to follow this challenge blog. Just the samples are great to look at!) Anyway, I missed the challenge deadline but really love the page. I don't often do scenes in my journal and this is a bit out of my comfort zone. Overall, I was practicing my shading and playing with two products that have been sitting the bench for awhile: my Distress inks and my Inktense pencils. (Damn, I love those Inktense pencils. Everytime I play with them, I just love the results!)

Here's a few close-ups:
I folded a piece of cardstock to make my own little book. I stamped some text in red ink on the inside. It opens up.


Sorry it's sideways! This stamp is from Stamper's Anonymous; Tim Holtz. (I think it's the chemist set?) Colored in with Inktense pencils.


 The Picture is a collage image of Poe's gravestone outlined with Inktense pencil. The window is also all Inktense pencil with the moon taking on a tinge of red...or maybe blood? All the brown in the background are varying shades of Distress Inks. The red wallpaper detail is pencil through a stencil. I like the indistinct look I got from it.

Hope you enjoyed! I'll be posting some from my newest Art Journal; the Inspiration Journal very soon. Thanks for reading!


--Wy
"It's the other side of the evening and it's time for us all to go home."  --Irish Rovers, "The Other Side of the Evening.



Comments

Popular Posts