Color Palette Journal: Warmth

 This palette reminded me of Autumn with it's warm colors and dull yellow. Here in NY, it's still winter. But the past few days have been above freezing so that means: Spring is coming! 

So the inspiration for my journal was to take these Autumn colors and turn them into Spring.

Here's the Color Palette that was randomly selected from my Pinterest board:

My inspiration came as I was art journaling (a different journal) and looking through my large stencils. I found an old stencil that was spring and Easter themed. It's one of those stencils that you were supposed to use to draw shapes. It had all kinds of flower petals and leaves, grass, a couple bunnies, an egg, and a carrot. Yuppers...carrots are orange. And I could use the browns for chocolate bunnies. 

So here's what it turned out to be:







The page seems a bit plain and bare of pattern but I do like it. I had to add a little yellow Peep in with my chocolate bunnies. It's another scene which is a common theme in this journal. Still, this journal is one of my favorites.

So I'm off to randomly select another Color Palette from the 200+ pins on my Pinterest Board. Let's see what I get for next time!

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts