Halloween Art Journal: Part 2

 As promised, it's part 2 of the Halloween Journal. Still black Dylusions square journal. Lot's of paint and collage.

Here we go...


Happy Haunting: I always try to sort my stash before I purchase anything new. This page came out of that sort. But it didn't stop me from buying new stuff this year. LOL.




Haunted Honeymoon:  Another page from the "stash". These scraps of paper from the Abandoned collection (Tim Holtz) were leftovers from the vignette boxes I was making. These little rectangles reminded me of vintage luggage or trunks. 



Fall Array:  I like to take my scraps of paper and stick them to a larger piece of paper then cut shapes out of them. These large shapes are done that way. I have stencils from way back, (the time before stencils were cool and people only used them on walls and furniture. True story.) After I created the "motherboard" paper (from the scraps), I traced the stencil and cut the shapes out.



BTW, I put all these large shapes on this spread because I didn't really like the background I had. I was experimenting with gold paint. While it worked well, I couldn't figure out what to do with it. So I covered it all up, mostly. (pro tip)


A Good Night's Work:  I had a starry background, old book paper, and a mop-up sheet of glossy cardstock that was silvery gray. I channeled those neon colors and made my bats really stand out. (Again with the ancient stencil!) 

Hope you're getting your Halloween on however you can this year!

Don't forget if you need any Halloween wall art, I've got original artwork/collage for sale in my Etsy shop. 

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts