Halloween Art Journal: Part 1

 In all fairness, I can't remember if I've shared some of these before or not, so this part contains pages that are older and not fresh in my mind. So that means...picture post!

This is a black square Dylusions journal that measures 8 X 8, I think. I've been working in this on and off for about 3 years now and I've pretty much dedicated it to be my Halloween themed journal. (Though some of the first pages I made are not, I was more or less experimenting with the substrate to see what would stick, literally.) I use paints and collage a lot in this journal. I can't say I'm a fan of this size or shape but I am determined to finish this journal in the Halloween theme. Not this year...oh no...I don't foresee any completed goals for this year.

Here's the first set of pages. 


Trick or Treat Abstract: I had scraps of paper in Halloween colors. I had leftover paint to splatter. That is all.



High School Lab:  This 2 page spread was meant just to preserve some of my favorite paper. The Laboratory collection from Tim Holtz a few years back was so hard to find and one of my very favorite Halloween paper collections he put out.





Nightshade Garden:  I had a collage sheet with imagery from Joggles.com. The background has a lot of interference paint (a paint that shifts color or shows better under certain lighting conditions). I really like the spiders in this spread. They remind me of the spider from The Corpse Bride.


 Green Halloween:  Another "using up the stash" page. 

Update on my Halloween projects: 

1. I am in the midst of doing my annual Edgar Allan Poe collage so I hope to share that by Halloween.

2. My inktober drawings may still happen but it's not looking good so I've put it on the back burner.

3. I completed another assemblage piece that I can't wait to share. (Yup, it lights up!)

4. I'm having a lot of fun using up some scraps in my art journal so I may have a Part 3 to this post as well!

Have a great week!

Wear your mask, social distance, wash your hands! Go VOTE and get a flu shot. (That's more of a reminder for me. *clears throat*)

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts