April Art Journal Pages

Art journal pages to share! I can't believe this is my first post for April and the month is almost over!
I gotta get back to the art desk and stop screwing around on Stardew Valley!

Journal is large Dylusions that I still need to finish. But I'm closing in on it. I don't want to be too optimistic and say by the end of summer but I'm feeling very close to the end.



I admit it's hard to see all the layers in these photos but I really like how the background became crowded without being too busy. This page was a mop-up page for some stencils and some metallic looking inka gold product perhaps. Found these stickers and noticed that the silver swirls mimicked the whales spout.



Maui Rock:  Back to a magazine celebrity cut-out for this page. Background was mostly mop up and had been waiting for me to decide what to put on it. I was inspired by the movie Moana and decided to just tattoo the Rock's nice white shirt with some of Maui's tattoos. Not the best copy but it works for me. You're Welcome.


Abstract Pink:  This page was inspired by the scraps of paper I had sitting in my work area when I sat down to work. A strip of yellow, a strip of blue, a bigger piece of glittery green, and some sticky back canvas sprayed with pink. I also had some neutrals of cream and grey/black. I just wanted to spray some ink so I picked the sprays in colors that matched. I just wanted to use up the stuff on my desk and pitch what didn't fit or work. I was surprised at how well the colors played together. In my mind, this page was just a throw-away with no big focal planned. I didn't think I would really like it...but I really do.

Thanks for checking in! I'm still working it!
Happy April!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts