Sonic Batman: Art Journal Pages

Ugh, I think I shoveled too much snow this past weekend. But I had to get out of my driveway!

I just get those lame muscles afterward and it makes for a tricky art day. So I didn't get much accomplished but I'll share a couple journal pages that I finished last week.

My large Dylusions journal is getting closer to the finish line.


The green parts of this background had been thrown on there to tie up the mop-up stenciling behind it. Copper glimmer mist next. I added the dark blue drippage to test out something. I wanted the dark color to "cut through" the lighter green. I was looking for a certain effect but it didn't work like I wanted. (I think my page was still too wet.) Anyway, the dark blue matched this image I found in my stash so I ran with it...or maybe rolled with it? As Sonic is a troublemaker, I added the snarky quote, "So when is this 'old enough to know better' supposed to kick in?"



Unlike the Sonic page, this page was built around the cut-out of Batman. I wanted the background to be very busy but I couldn't do it. I just fell in love with the copper stenciling of the circuit-like dial. While I am a bigger fan of the campy, Adam West Batman, this Dark Knight isn't half bad. And how could I not use that quote?!

Thanks for stopping in.
-Wy

Remember my Etsy Store still has some great cards...Easter as well! New sets coming soon!

Comments

Popular Posts