Chibitronics: Inspiration Art Journal Page

I got to sit down this past weekend and get my latest Inspiration Wednesday Journal page completed. I didn't go exactly the way Donna Downey did in her journal but then, I don't need a bunch of texture in my pages...I prefer color. As I worked on the assignment, I had my Chibitronics kit in arm's reach as I was working on some other projects with it. I just went ahead and used it. I mean, why not? So my art journal page lights up with battery power!

Red Heart Page:  It's so easy to incorporate the Chibitronics LEDs into the journal because you can set it up just like the starter kit journal! The folded corner is where the battery is and you can see my red LEDs lit up in the corners of the patterned paper. I used the heart that I cut out from the middle on the facing page spread. The background is Dylusions inks, stenciling, rubber stamping, and some splatters.

Overall, I kinda like the page. I LOVE the lights...they work great! The background probably could have used a few more layers or perhaps, the addition of another color. This is the first project I've done with the Chibitronic LEDs where I haven't hidden the "circuit". I like the look of the copper tape as an embellishment, and I have a plan for a future card done in this manner.

Here's a photo that shows off the lights a bit more:

If you're interested in trying out these LEDs in your craft projects, you can find them at Chibitronics along with some ideas on other ways to use them.

I hope you found a little inspiration for your art journal! Have a great week!
-Wy
"Lightness has a call that's hard to hear."  --The Indigo Girls, "Closer to Fine"


Comments

Popular Posts