Red Carpet Studios Challenge #87: Frozen

Please go to Red Carpet Studios Challenge Blog for ALL the details on how to enter your paper project into our challenge. Or see MY POST with new rules at the bottom! (PLEASE, check out the NEW rules even if you've been playing right along with us. We changed a few things from last year to make the challenges more fun and give you more time to enter your favorites!)

This week's challenge is based on the movie "Frozen". You know the one. That Disney flick with the "newest" princesses, Elsa and Anna. The one that your 5 year old niece can't stop singing...yup, that's it!

The Challenge is to use something glittery in your project! Our Sponsor for this month is 



You may be randomly drawn to receive a lovely prize pack!


Here's my card:
Frozen Wish:   I struggled with the challenge for this. I honestly don't use what I consider to be anything glittery. I use metallics, shiny things, and pearlescent but nothing that screams glitter. My first attempt at a card was miserable. I went back to the drawing board and finally got inspired. It's simple but I like it. The paper looks like a snowstorm and the glitter mat is...well...it's glittery. The stamp image has touches of white embossing powder to make it look snowy.


So how did I get inspired when I was running on fumes? I took a step back. I went through my paper stash in search of something glittery. Amazingly, I found that glitter paper. I think it's the only sheet I own. I'm sure I didn't buy it but it was probably given to me. Then, I realized that I didn't have to think of snowflakes and snowy hills. I could just be inspired by the word and the colors. This stamp reminds me of "snow in summer" when all those dandelions puff out and set their seeds to the wind.

Hope you enjoyed. Be sure to check out the challenge and join us with your project. I'd love to see what you make on this theme!
--Wy
"Let it go, let it go. I am one with the wind and sky. Let it go, let it go. You'll never see me cry."  --Frozen

Comments

Popular Posts