Art Journal 2014: Part 2

Here are some more pages in my Art Journal. If you missed my first post, you can see previous pages HERE. Once again, I don't share all the pages I do but a few that have stories to tell.



Till Death do us Part:  This page began with a test of a new Lindy's Stamp Gang color spray that I acquired at Auntie Em's Scrapbooking store in Cornwall, ON, Canada. The color was Autumn Maple Crimson and I wanted to see what it really looked like. I paired it with my Black Orchid Silver with the intention of starting a vampire type layout. But then I remembered...I'm not the vampire type.
So I rummaged through some old photographs that I bought at a second hand shop and found the wedding photo. I went with black and white then the skulls and the death-thing just slipped in.

 



Smiling Jack:  I had these alphabet blocks in my stash for a long time. I'm dwindling down on the letters so it's hard to make words but in searching for Halloweenish words, I got JACK and BONE. This page was a test of some new stamps. The Halloween stamps from Tim Holtz and Stamper's Anonymous (pumpkin, skull, spider...all in the smaller size). The background leaves were new to me from Unity Stamps. These leaves are great! They are distressed looking and will work great for any watercolor techniques.



Funny Bone:  When I saw the Halloween stamps from Stamper's Anonymous, I knew just what I wanted to do with the pumpkin and the skull. I had done it before with some stickers. I stamp the head and just draw on my own bodies. A stick figure works great for a skeleton and anybody can draw those. The best part is that you can give them all different poses and each one takes on it's own personality even though the heads are all exactly the same. It was the fact that they looked like they were on a stage that gave rise to the title. (I originally planned to do the same with the opposing page and the pumpkin but that stamp was larger. I couldn't fit three comfortably on the page so I just did one.)

 


Autumn Is:  This was a hard page to "let go". I wanted to just stamp those Unity Stamps in my Distress inks and let them run. So I stamped onto the white page (that was hard! No color behind it...ugh...it seemed so plain!) then spritzed with water to make all the ink run. True to form, the Distress Ink wicked out. Some leaves got a little more watery than others but that gave the white background a bit of color around the leaves. I stamped the large quote via an alphabet set I had and went around the edges of the pages with Vintage Photo ink. (also Distress) This page spread will remind me why I like Distress inks for anything but stamping! (I had the urge to go over the stamped leaves with some kind of black outline but refrained. I wanted the background to stay in the back!) 

So there's a few Autumn pages done. I am well on track to having this journal filled by the end of the year. I seem to be able to do a journal a year. I wasn't sure I'd be able to do that this year as I added a second journal but I'm still looking good for finishing it. (that means a lot to an organizational freak like me who likes things all neat and tidy and contained in a singular book. I mean, what if I got to the new year and had like 2 pages left to do? AAACKK!)

As always, feel free to leave me comments. Hope you enjoyed the look-see!
-Wy
"Autumn is a second spring where every leaf is a flower."

Comments

Popular Posts