Global Pandemic: Day 7

I got up relatively early and made my trip to the grocery store. And what a trip it was.

Social distancing was very well implemented in the store. Clerks stayed out of the way and customers were very aware of where they were. Most customers were individual shoppers, only a few were "couples". There were some glaring empty shelves.

Toilet paper was out as well as most of the paper towels. (I understand that you shouldn't flush paper towels as they are not made to breakdown the same way TP does in the sewage systems.) The bananas were all very green, not ripe. (I got a bunch anyway since it was on my Dad's list.) Junk food was well stocked; candy, soda, chips, and snack cakes. Pasta was wiped out unless you needed lasagna noodles. (Doesn't anyone make lasagna anymore?) Boxed mac n cheese as well as any canned spaghettios or ravioli was also practically wiped out. (I think this may have two reasons: kids are home and that's what they eat for lunch or people are buying this stuff to donate to charity organizations that are making sure kids get a lunch since the schools are all closed. Either way, it's apparently what kids eat.)

Bread was gone but milk was not. Cleaning products were sparse and there wasn't a tissue to be found though I did get napkins.

I got 2 gallons of ice cream...I don't quite know why. I also got a bag of M&Ms and an apple pie. I resisted the temptation to buy bagels but I did buy the veggie cream cheese I like to put on them. I wanted to get hot dogs but there were no hot dog buns. (And no matter what your parents tell you, using a slice of bread as a bun is NOT the same.)

I had quite a bit of stuff so I did not use the self-checkout as planned. I bravely let a cashier ring me out and two girls packed my groceries into my reusable bags. (Here in NY, we are transitioning to a plastic bag ban. Great timing! Now I can bring home the virus on my groceries AND the bags they are in. smirk.) The employees were very pleasant and patient. I would never have guessed that a pandemic was looming.

Anyway, after the grocery trip, I got to making some stuff. I'll share the art journal page I made today.

This page is done in a Dylusions small journal that I had been using for my Color Palette Journal. So here's the Color Palette I randomly selected from my Pinterest board. I named it "Tea and Roses".


From this inspiration, I identified colors that I had that looked the closest to it and got to work.






Honestly, I like this page. It was fun to do and I got to use up some scraps. The centers of the flowers all have some Nuvo glitter drops in them. In the photo, they aren't dry yet so they look like pearls.

Thanks for reading!
Wash your hands!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts