Global Pandemic: Day 16

Nice day today.
I got a great start on my Dyalog. I've decided to try to use stuff from my hoard that has been kicking around for a while. When I abandoned my craft space in the basement last Fall, I left a lot of my art journaling supplies down there, like paints, and spray inks. I haven't opened a jar of Dylusions paint since November last year. So I wasn't too surprised to find some of it was dried up or unusable. But I found enough that is good and that's what I'm using.

I know I have to clean out that space before I'll ever use it again. I have to pull out every item, every piece of furniture, every single piece and organize, sort, and decide whether it stays or goes. It's a huge project. I literally want to remove everything from the room so that I can clean the carpet or remove it or something. (Let's just say, I've got to do something with it as it's beginning to smell a bit like cat piss.)

That means, it's a HUGE project. Not just sorting through my stash. It's a whole shifting of stuff.

But hey, what else have I got to do?

Anyway, I took a few photos of a few pages that I've got started in the Dyalog. I'm using a dot grid and it was the only one I had that wasn't started with something. I knew it was meant for great things!







 I'm going to add a few notes just for my personal interest, and in case I need to remember what I used. I'm trying to use up the 4 bottles of Distress Paint I have.
So my warm colorway is: Abandoned Coral (Distress), Fossilized Amber (Distress), and Vanilla Custard (Dylusions).
My cool colorway is: Lucky Clover (Distress), Mermaid Lagoon (Distress), and Mushy Peas (Dylusions).
I used mainly a palette knife to apply the paint so that it would dry relatively quickly as I don't have a gelli plate or brayer. This is a bit new for me; my pages have a lot of white space left on them. I don't usually do that. I like to have a base color(s) but because I needed them to dry quickly (my heat tool wasn't at the ready), I decided to give this a go. I figure if I get too stuck on it, I can always spray it with inks later.
I used mostly smaller stencils, a variety from my stash for various companies.
Three single pages, I coated with black paint. I did stencil a bit on one of them.

I haven't gotten to the frames or the calendar part yet but I'll try that tomorrow.

See? Just get a start. The rest will come about day by day.
Stay well and STAY HOME!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts