6x6: Still Going

I got a little lost on the 6x6 challenge but I am, as of right now, caught up!

So I started working on thick cold pressed watercolor paper...it's a disc bound journal from Joggles. I'm still warming up to the paper. I've used mixed-media paper for a long time and I love it's smooth surface. Watercolor paper is textured and I'm not really used to it or it's super absorbency. I'm not a fan of it just yet. I've also discovered that this paper warps horribly. In fact, more so than my Dylusion journal paper. I'm going to try to be more mindful of the comparison in future projects because I'm not certain it's the paper or the User. I'm wondering if I'm just throwing more fluid stuff on the watercolor paper because I KNOW it's designed for that. Whereas the mixed media paper isn't designed that way so I use less water. I don't think I'm doing that BUT who knows? Maybe subconsciously, I am.

So. Whatever. Wanna see some photos?

Week 53: Children: Miss Muffet    I shared this on my FB page or Instagram but didn't realize it wasn't in a blog post! So this was the second page in my new Joggles disc bound journal. I mostly just wanted to play around with some cooler shades and these are some of my favorites.

Week 54: Under the Sea: Crab   All I could think of was that song from the Little Mermaid. Good excuse as any to try out a funky frame on the sides. (Mostly to cover up some mistakes!)


Week 56: Spring Flowers  (There's a week missing, you're correct. This is where I fell dreadfully behind and Week 55 just didn't turn out so hot. So no big loss.)  Playing catch up was no fun so I decided to just get something down. My feeling on it: meh.



Week 57: Resist Technique: Star Owl    This page held me up for awhile because I wanted to use embossing powder for my resist but that is all the way UPstairs rather than in my basement where I was trying to work on this journal. I didn't have a good idea of what I wanted to emboss either. I was thinking a stamp image or background stamp. After doing a few future pages, I came back to this one and decided to use Versamark through a new stencil I got. The stars are embossed with an iridescent powder that gives them a nice glittery appearance. The owl is stamped onto mirror cardstock and painted with fluid acrylic. That was an experiment of mine to see how to use this type of cardstock and I really like the metallic effect it lends to the page. I'm happy to know I can use this cardstock for more than alcohol inks. (that's why I originally bought it)


I have more pages coming up in a future post. Should be up by the end of the week!
Thanks for holding tight! I know the posts have been few and far between the last few months but I'm feeling some art mojo and I hope to be back to a post a week soon!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts