6x6: On a Roll

Trying to stay caught up is challenging in and of itself!

But here's the next set of journal pages!
#artfulevidence



Week 62: Locks and Keys:  Be Amazed    I had these chipboard keys out so decided to use them for this page. I've always liked the scene in Harry Potter when the keys are all flying in the room and he has to catch one. I tried to replicate that with some success. I forgot how much I love the Pomegranate Seed Dylusions spray. It's such a beautiful color. I added copper glimmer spray and edged the page with copper paint. I thought the three phrases worked well together: Take Risks, Stay Curious, Be Amazed.


Week 63: Trees: Spooky Tree.  I tend to draw more flowers than trees so I decided to branch out (see what I did there) and draw the tree rather than stencil. This was practice for a larger canvas and I got a good idea of how I wanted the canvas to look from what happened in this little page.

Week 64: Purple and Gold: Go ye ever bold.  While I, indeed, loved the color combo, I had just used this color combo in the Magical week. (Remember that unicorn?) Why didn't this color palette spark visions of magic, myth, and fantasy? Here's why: in the Magical week, I was inspired by a photo of the colors...no labels, no names. This week the words are there. Purple and Gold but no visual representation of them. So the words inspired this week. All I could hear in my head was the recitation of my high school alma mater so I added it to the very simple page. Sometimes you just need to download what's taking up precious space in your brain.

Thanks for reading!
Have a fantastic week!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts