6X6 (5)

#artfulevidence

More pages from the Rachel Black 6X6 challenge.

 Week 15: Chevrons: Feathers.  This one was inspired by a torn strip of paper in Rachel's example. The torn piece looked very much like a feather to me so I incorporated that theme into the piece.


Week 16: Poppies: Yellow Brick Road.   I decided to just give in and go to Oz. I do like free-handing poppies but I simply could not get that line out of my head from the Wizard of Oz. ("Poppies...poppies will put them to sleep." in the voice of the Wicked Witch.) Also decided to duplicate the frame from my Landscapes page. My color palette was dictated by the only 4 colors of Distress Paint that I own. (How fortuitous it worked out so well.) It was good practice.



Week 17: Tiles: Buzz Lightyear.   On my second try, I came up with a background that seemed less "busy" than my first attempt. I also went monochromatic which helped me see the work as a whole. I had a bunch of scrap blue paper and the scrap with the atom symbol on it really spoke to me. When I found the Buzz Lightyear stamp in my stash, I went that route because the color matched perfectly.



Bonus page:
This is my first attempt at the Tiles prompt. I pushed through hoping that I'd like it at the end but it came out too "busy" for me.

I really liked the background of pigment powder I used but I think it ended up adding too many colors into the mix. Since things weren't what I liked, I tried to add a pop of orange but, while I do like it, it competes with the pansy for the viewer's attention.

So only three more weeks to go in this 6 X 6 Challenge. Then, I'll have to decide whether I bind them all into a journal or frame some or what.

Have a great week!
-Wy
"Follow the yellow brick road, Follow the yellow brick road..."

Comments

Popular Posts