6X6 (3)

A few more of my 6 X 6 pages for the #artfulevidence challenge.


Week 8: Masks: Solitary Sunflower:  Starting out, I knew I wanted to play with my under-used gelatos from Faber-Castell. Saw this old stencil that I adopted from my mom's collection and away I went. This one happened fast and felt good.



Week 9: Flourishes: Foiled: I had some flourish stamps I intended to use but stumbled on some double sided adhesive stickers. I had purchased them specifically for foiling. So hey, why not? I have discovered a love/hate relationship with MegaFlakes. (that's what I used to foil) Love the outcome, hate the mess. It's almost as bad as glitter...almost.





Week 10: Crackle: Steampunk Butterfly:  I have never been a big fan of crackling pastes or mediums. Of course, I'm not a big fan of actual texture in my journals and cards. The LOOK of texture but not the FEEL...does that make any sense? But for some reason, for some project, I had bought a jar of Distress rock candy crackle paste. So I figured let's use as much of this as possible because I use it, like, never. Covered over the whole 6 X 6 canvas with acrylic then crackle. To highlight the cracks, I went over it with some Distress stain.

I had no good idea after that so I just pulled out some chipboard pieces and went to town. Discovered that nothing much likes to adhere to crackle, so I used colored modeling paste in the corners to be sure the gears stayed put.



Week 11: Love: Um...what?:  I'm no big fan of Valentine's day or love-themed stuff. Guess I'm not much of a romantic. But I wanted to try the resist technique. I had seen where stamping Versamark on glossy cardstock created a resist to water based inks. So I tried it out here. Worked really well. I often forget that Versamark is a watermark ink...a resist, as I use it mostly for embossing. It didn't stay bright white like embossing would or like the ironing technique that Rachel used in this challenge but I liked it. My dislike of the subject became apparent when I added my splatters...far too much but for some reason, I'm okay with it. :)

Thanks for dropping in!
See ya next week.
-Wy
"Without great solitude, no serious work is possible." --Picasso

Comments

Popular Posts