Lindy's Challenge: Masquerade

 

This post is to share my challenge project with everyone. The Lindy's Challenge happens every month and revolves around a particular color palette. (That's totally in my wheelhouse.) They also have a Facebook group for the Challenges.

I finally got mine done and in time for the Challenge, too! I just loved this color palette and I went ahead and ordered the special edition of sprays for this challenge. All I can say is that it's just fabulous. These colors go together so well...I mean, the Voodoo Violet Blue is amazing on it's own but add in a bit of the Amethyst and whoa: outta this world. In fact, I'm visualizing a few galactic backgrounds with this palette. But I digress, here's my project:
Masquerade:  This is an Art Journal page in my Large Dylusions journal. I was truly taken with the Voodoo Violet Blue Starburst Spray (released from retirement just for this challenge month!) and it reminded me of mystery. I wanted to use a face because I haven't done that in awhile and I need the practice. Upon examining the colors, I realized I had everything I needed: a soft pink for a flesh tone; coordinating accent colors; and a light color for a background.


I stenciled in my face first then masked it off while I sprayed Whale Watch Blue over the background. I added Voodoo Violet Blue with a brush around the outside for a frame. I used a paintbrush to dab Chateau Rose onto the face to give it some color. I used two coats. I sprayed another piece of paper with Voodoo Blue and Open Arms Amethyst, then cut out the mask. The medallions were also cut out separately from a piece covered in the Amethyst only. There was so much shimmer in it that my stamping got a little lost. I embossed the stamp details with Lindy's Prima Donna Purple Embossing Powder.

The heart was also a stamp and cut from watercolor paper covered in Bodacious Blush. The doily is also sprayed with a touch of that and more Chateau Rose. Chateau Rose is the first Flat Fabio I've tried. I like the very soft color it provides.

I just added some lettering and bling from my stash to finish it off. I simply couldn't get this song out of my head as I was doing the page so I added the line to fill in some space vertically. (If I had planned it out a bit better, the word "masquerade" would have been a bit closer to the face and I wouldn't have felt the need to fill the gap. As it is, I rather like the fact that I could fit the phrase on there. Serendipity.)  


This group of sprays is probably my new favorite palette. (that's saying a lot because I ADORE the Drop Dead Diva collection and all those bright, neony, sassy colors)
 
Thanks for dropping in for a peek. Hope you'll stop in again soon for more art journal pages and my month of Halloween projects throughout October!
-Wy
"Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade. Hide your face so the world will never find you."
---"Masquerade", The Phantom of the Opera

Comments

Popular Posts