Creative Chemistry: Week 8: Embossing and Distress

Just a quick post to share a card I made for the Summer of Creative Chemistry: Week 8. You can still sign up for the next installment, Creative Chemistry 3, with Tim Holtz.

This week was about using Distress products with embossing techniques. I tried one that I hadn't before and really liked the results.

Here's my card:
Gear Up!:   I used the Tarnished Silver embossing technique for the chipboard gears. WOW. I really like how they came out. I liked the silver ones so much that I decided to try to do some copper ones. (Cuz you know, it's my favorite metal!) They turned out wonderfully pitted and so I tried out my new Distress Paint, Lucky Clover over them. Love.


The robot was stamped with Black Soot Distress ink and smudged to fade it out some. I colored it in with Cracked Pistachio Distress Stain mixed with Perfect Pearls (Turquoise and Interference Green). After coloring it in, I decided that he was too faded and went over the lines (only on the robot) with a Sakura Glaze pen.

Not bad for a day.
-Wy
"Robot Roll Call: Cambot, Gypsy, Tom Servo, Crooooowwww!" (It's official welcome MST3K to Netflix!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts