I will not lie. I find alcohol inks hard to work with. It shouldn't seem difficult; it never looks difficult. Yet, I admit that I only use them for a couple different things and don't like the result I get from most other techniques.
The challenge for Week 7 in Creative Chemistry 102 is to use alcohol inks. So I stuck to the techniques I really like: Ombre and Faded Layers.
Here's what I made:
These are all the ATCs I made with alcohol ink. Two were failed attempts and two gave me satisfying results on the techniques. (Another post will focus on the "failed" attempts.)
Here's the two that worked:
I also tried the Faded Layers technique here and it worked marginally well. It takes some practice to get this one right. I had way too much blending solution on my sponge so ended up with blobs more than a distinct pattern. But no complaints, it still looks cool.
Like tags, I usually end up using ATCs for card fronts. I may, however, save some of my better ones for Pocket Letters as they are the same size.
One more thing to add to my project list!
Thanks for popping in.
"Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down." --Mary Poppins