Lawnscaping Challenge #126: Something Sweet




You can find the challenge over at Lawnscaping Challenges Blog.
I made this card:

Happy Gumballs:   I admit that when I purchased this stamp set, Sweet Smiles, I wasn't sure it would get much use. I figured, if anything, I'd be able to use the variety of small faces in my art journaling. I had no idea it would be so much fun to stamp circles, give them funny faces, and color them! I've used this set more than I've used others that I had specific plans for!
The basic idea was to stamp a crowd of happy gumballs as a background. Knowing that'd be very "busy", I kept it contained in the top and bottom of the card. I wanted to be sure the single gumball, Mr. Happy, stood out. I masked the gumballs to get my "crowd".

For colors, I used Distress Markers in Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Blueprint Sketch, Tumbled Glass, Hickory Smoke, Pumice Stone (shadows), Ripe Persimmon. I also used Gumball Green and Primrose Petals from Stampin' Up. (I used the stamp pads with a blender pen as I don't own many of their markers. It worked great! And how can you NOT use a color called Gumball Green?!)





Have a great day!
--Wy
"A smile increases your face value."

Comments

  1. This is AWESOME! SO much masking, but totally worth it. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts