Red Carpet Studios Challenge #90: Casablanca



This weeks challenge at Red Carpet Studios Challenge Blog is the based on the classic movie, "Casablanca".
Follow the link to go to the Blog to see all the details and link up your papercraft project! (You've got a whole month to work on a project! Hint, hint!)



If you link up a project at the challenge blog, you may be randomly selected to win a great prize from our sponsor!





The Challenge itself is to use black, white and one other color of your choice on your project.
So here's lookin' at you, kid:


We'll Always Have Paris:   I was inspired by the line in the movie, "We'll always have Paris." It's tragically romantic and what's more appropriate for Valentine's Day than that? (I'm not much into Valentine's but I do have a romantic side.) This card is from Paperwishes.com and was already die-cut. I used templates to cut my patterned papers to fit each section. I added some embellishment on the inside and used the Distress Ink color, Picked Raspberry for my pop of color.



Basically this card is all scrap material or stuff from my stash. I'm desperately trying to downsize and I hope to continue my 2 year run of "I will not buy any more paper". (Imagine that! I have only bought paper 4 times in the last 2 years and each time it was only a single paper pack of 20 sheets or less!) I know I will be indulging in some new paper this year just to have some new product to play with but I will once again, be very selective in my purchases.


The heart in the middle of the card looks like the photo above when the card is closed. When you open the card, the pink heart is revealed. The pink heart is cut from a glossy cardstock and I used an ultra-fine black Sharpie to Zentangle on it. Then, I went over it with Picked Raspberry Distress Stain. The distress stain  works well on glossy cardstock and the sharpie doesn't smudge under it.

I hope you'll join us over at Red Carpet Studio Challenge Blog for this weeks challenge! I'd love to get some more ideas from all of you about how to use up my black and white paper! Thanks for dropping by!
--Wy
"If you don't get on that plane, you'll regret it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday. And for the rest of your life."  --Rick (Humphrey Bogart) in Casablanca

Comments

Popular Posts