Red Carpet Studio Challenge #65: The Lucky Ones

New Challenge at Red Carpet Studios! The movie is "The Lucky Ones" and the challenge is to use green in your card/layout/project! It's an ode to St. Patrick's Day, the wearing of the green, or anything that makes you feel LUCKY. If you want to see all the details of the Challenge and how to link up your project; go to Red Carpet Studios.

Our sponsor for this challenge is:

 
You can be selected randomly to win an awesome prize from Handmade Harbour. Go HERE to see some of their great digi-stamps! (This is one of my FAVES!)
 
Now on to my card!


Celtic Knot Shamrock:  My card is about 5" X 6.5" but I trimmed it down just a touch. Once again, I'm cleaning off my craft table so many of the squares were punched from cardstock laying around. I find great satisfaction is using up little pieces of paper probably because it means less waste. I was raised by parents who "know the value of a dollar" so frugality is second nature to me.



The green squares: The green squares on the card were punched from a larger piece of glossy cardstock that I had colored with alcohol ink (Ranger). The small squares around the outside came from a piece that also had a metallic mixative added in to give it some glimmer. (Pearl Metallic mixative) The center, larger "square" had a touch of turquoise so I matted the squares with a shade of cardstock to match. (also scrap sitting on my table)

Copper:  The metallic stickers are from Hot off the Press, Dazzle stickers and I just like the way the flourishes add a little detail to the corners.

Stamps:  The center stamp was hand-carved by me several years ago when I needed something Celtic. The shape of the shamrock with the knot incorporated into it was just what I was looking for so I carved it. It's probably about 1.5" wide. The smaller 4-leaf clovers are from a set from Crafty Secrets.



I hope you like the card and it inspires you to Go Green. Whatever you may make, be sure to share it over at Red Carpet Studios so I can take a peek at it! I love to see what other crafters and artists are doing!

--Wy
"May ya be 'alf an hour in heaven before the Devil knows yer dead."--Will Millar of The Irish Rovers

Comments

Popular Posts