Red Carpet Studio (RCS) Challenge #62: The Breakfast Club


For Red Carpet Studios Challenge #62, the movie inspiration is The Breakfast Club. So anything to do with Breakfast or sleepy heads or mornings as the subject of a paper craft is eligible to be in the drawing. Just go HERE to see all the details of linking up your photo and see more inspiration from our awesome Design Team!

Our DT member, Erica, is a Stampin Up! consultant and will be providing the prize to one of our randomly selected participants!
I'm not much of a morning person and "breakfast" is usually brunch or just lunch. So when I am awake for breakfast, I want it to be special!



That means breakfast in bed! It's a fantasy come true as a tray of morning goodness is brought right to you as you're still nestled under your covers. Nothing beats being served bacon and eggs and your hot beverage of choice. (Mine is hot chocolate!) So I decided to do a whole collection of items to brighten up that Breakfast Tray. I selected a color palette that wakes you up and screams '80's; yellow (the only color I think of with breakfast), hot pink, and bright green!


 I decided on a flower theme to tie all the elements together. I am really liking the look of torn paper so I went with that. I made my little bouquet out of torn paper and attached them to straws with washi tape. The straws are still usable but the tops bend down behind them so they also look like little flowers! (Doing it again, I'd drop the pink paper in the center...they kinda ended up looking like eyes...shiver...creepy...)


No special occasion is complete without a card. I carried my colors and my little round flowers over to the front of this simple card. All of the papers I used in the set are from Hot off the Press; Cardmaker's Citrus Pack. This card is a standard A2.



















Now the utensils holder was a true inspiration from the Pinterest board! Here's where I found the directions Bird's Party Blog.  I think it could probably be shortened a bit as my plastic utensils weren't that long. I used 1/8" Scor-Tape as my adhesive around the edges to be sure they wouldn't come apart when the utensils were slid in and out.


I did some background stamping to give the papers a little more texture. A fork, spoon, knife, and a folded napkin fit nicely in this little pocket. Best part is this idea can be adapted for ANY kind of party or special event!



Last but not least, I made a placemat or tray liner. I took these photos before I covered it. The bottom photo was intended to be "the top" but I didn't like the way it strayed from my theme. It seemed that I had lost focus of my color palette. Since it was a double sided piece of paper, I just flipped it over and did another design on the other side!

I started with a 12 X 12 paper and cut it down to 10 X 12. Then, I decorated it the way I liked on both sides. Don't use any 3-D embellishment if you want to cover it and be able to wipe it off! Once the paper was done I cut pieces of clear Contact paper large enough to fit with about a 1/2 inch overhang on all sides. You have to be a bit careful with the Contact paper to be sure that you don't get too many air bubbles or crinkles in it. Do it on a large flat surface which won't be damaged by the sticky surface of the Contact paper when you pull it off. It's just the overhang you have to be concerned with. Apply that to both sides then trim the Contact paper edge and round the corners. Voila! a custom placemat that can be wiped off and reused. It's also a great idea if you use copies of favorite photos with funny captions!

I hope you enjoyed the Breakfast Set inspired by The Breakfast Club for Red Carpet Studios. Hope to see your project over there real soon!
--Wy
"Don't you forget about me."  song from The Breakfast Club

Comments

Popular Posts