The Color Palette Journal: Red or Pink?

 I finished another spread in the Color Palette Journal. I will be randomly selecting the next one from my Pinterest Board.

My main problem with this palette was the dark red/pink/coral color. I couldn't decide what color it actually was. I thought, at first, a dark coral...more orange than red. But when placed next to the pink, it appeared more like red or a dark pink. I mention this because these are usually the hang-ups that prevent me from getting a layout done in good time. I begin to fixate on finding the "perfect" match and then I get nothing accomplished. I often forget that I'm the one setting the rules, so I can be the one to break them!

So here's what I made. It's simple and straight forward mostly for the reason mentioned above. I wanted to focus on the water droplets in this photo but completely forgot about that aspect in my quest for the perfect color. 

Here's the Color Palette that I had selected:


Here is my journal page:



Despite my color confusion, I had a great time making the spread. The red color is a neon shade that I thought would look more pinkish. But I still like it and it made me happy. It gave me a chance to use up some scraps and play with some newer supplies in my stash. (Karin Markers and neon ink pads)

On to the next...

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts