Global Pandemic: Day 3

So my Dad decided to go to the bank. He took my Mom for a little drive and they used the drive up ATM. Thank goodness.

I checked in at Apothecary Chocolates to be sure everything was put away, pick up my paycheck, and reassure the owner that I would be back when the all-clear sounded. I felt very fortunate today to have such supportive "bosses" at both my work spaces.

Though I am in no way financially prepared for something like this. (My small emergency fund is maybe good for a couple months worth of bills.) I simply cannot bring myself to step out into public unless necessity arises. If I were to get my Mom or Dad sick, that would be far more devastating to me than going broke.

My Mom doesn't quite remember why we need to stay at home or why I shouldn't go to work but she seems neither worried nor excited about me hanging around the house for a couple weeks. My Dad while understanding the need to stay home, almost seems surprised that I am staying home. My job is not essential in times of crisis. (Though some would agree with me when I say, in an emergency, chocolate is always essential.) They together sort of understand but also forget that this is a new normal for now. I reminded them when they came home from the ATM to wash their hands. My Mom, no big deal as she sat in the passenger seat of the car the whole time. My Dad, however, was the one to touch all those buttons. As I told my Mom, "if you go out and touch things, when you come home, you gotta wash your hands." Dad kinda chuckled and went to the kitchen to wash up.

Our lesson for tomorrow may be singing Happy Birthday twice as I know my Dad didn't wash his hands for 20 seconds.

Today, the coronavirus made me talk to my Mom and Dad like they were in kindergarten. Trying to tell your parents what to do is difficult to say the least!

Anyway, here's what I made today because I just had to have a laugh.


I shared this one on Instagram earlier.
And here's another that I shared a few days ago.



I will be making more of the first one just because it's so laughable. That stamp and snarkiness is from Tim Holtz and Stampers Anonymous. I love this set of cats.

Go with the flow.
Wash your hands!
-Wy
Follow me on Facebook.  Follow me on Instagram.
#wereinthistogether

Comments

Popular Posts