A Witch's Box

Happy Halloween!
Enjoy the spirit in the season.

For my last Halloween project, I decorated a box. It's a box based on the Shakespeare witches in Macbeth. I assembled a box from Joggles.com and decoupaged the décor around the outside. This was a last minute thrown in project but I rather like it. It will become a storage box for some of my smaller Halloween embellishments. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep them all together after this year so I won't have so much searching to do next year!

For the top of the box, I just put on a 6 X 6 paper that I had in my stash. It actually already had the "double, double..." quote on it! I added some washi tape in a corner and another line from the scene. I added a knob on the top so the box would be easier to open as it isn't hinged. I just painted the wooden knob black.



Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog:  Each side of the box would represent the parts of the potion the witches are brewing. So the first side, the front side ended up like this.


Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog: The dog's tongue is a colored piece of sticky back canvas that gives it a nice texture. I added black felt to the bat's inside belly to keep with the texture theme of this side.



Adder's Fork and Blind Worm's Sting:  I am not familiar with worms that sting but I thought a looping infinity symbol might work for these two elongated animals. I had to hand write this quote as the Tim Holtz sticker set I was using didn't have this line.


Lizard's Leg and howlet's wing:  I wasn't sure how different a lizard's leg was from the toe of a frog so I just rolled with it. Owls would lunch on lizard's legs so this seemed the only appropriate, accurate pairing of the two.



Thanks for joining me for Halloween 2018!
I hope you got some ideas or inspiration and enjoyed my projects. November will be some catching up on other projects that I've completed and maybe a few stray Halloween things that I simply couldn't resist making during the month of October like cards and such.

Please follow my Facebook page if you're a frequenter there to stay updated on this blog and my Etsy Store.
Please like and follow my Etsy Store if you like to see hand made things that you can buy.
Please follow/subscribe to my blog.
AND I have just dipped my toe into Instagram...please follow me over there, if that's more your bag. You can find me under "chocolatedragonpaper".

Once again, Happy Halloween!
Thanks for sharing my posts and reading the blog!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts