More Pages from the Unnamed Journal

A few more art journal pages with celebrity appearances.

Bear Grylls:  The show "Man vs Wild" was a guilty pleasure of mine when it reached popularity on the Discovery channel. I found Bear's story of why he was drawn into these survival situations rather interesting. Overall, I fell out of the fandom and became more enamored with "Survivorman". After all, it wasn't like Bear was out there on his own...someone had to film him.

I had these articles and pictures from a couple different magazines. Just decided to get them down to honor a bygone show.


Marco...Polo:   One of the first presentations I did in school was about Marco Polo. I have always found information and stories about early explorers fascinating. Collaged pictures from a National Geographic magazine as well as other little bits that I thought added some general "foreign flair" to the piece.


Dapper Robot:  The stamp images are from a Stamper's Anonymous stamp set called "Dapper Robot".  The head is inspired by that robot face. I was determined to use this torn bit of paper that has been kicking around my work space for over a year. I ripped a skull shape from it and figured I could use the rest of the paper as a background for another skull. Well...pretty close.



I'm having fun using up my magazine cut-outs. I may have to be on the look-out for more magazines as I'm having such a good time converting these to journal pages. (Note to self: you really don't need more magazines! You've got a ton of cut-outs to use as it is. Don't buy it!)

-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts