Treat Jars

Just a quick little post today.

Doing all these Halloween projects generates a lot of "scraps". I just can't throw out a good scrap of paper! So I decided to make some small projects using them.

I pulled out a few mason jars and filled them with treats. I made one-of-a-kind tags for each jar using up those scraps.


Candy Corn: One of the best fall treats is candy corn! This tag is more of a seasonal autumn tag but those scrap papers worked well for that, too. I found an old stencil set of autumn icons and this leaf was among some of the images. It was a great way to use up paper.


Sixlets:  I was gifted a bag of Sixlets in Autumn colors and they look great in a jar. Just tied on the tag and boom, a gift. The candy ain't bad but I'm a M&M's girl myself. One of the nice things about giving treats in a mason jar is that you know they are food safe and whatever goes into it doesn't have to be wrapped.


Lindor Truffles:  I put my favorite tag on my favorite jar. This jar has Lindor truffles inside; dark chocolate and dark chocolate orange. This "tag" was just an index card until I punched a hole in the corner. I even used the orange bow from a Lindor truffle bag to add the tag. That little ghost on the tag is from that hoarded stencil that I pulled out of my stash. That stencil is gonna be pretty useful as the size of the images are really nice for smaller projects.

So that's a quick post for some Halloween Treat Jars. Use up your scraps and make a few for your friends!
-Wy
"Halloween...is the night that dogs have to help cats go out and get candy. And if the dog does a good job, he gets a whole piece of candy of his very own. So you wanna go, boy? Do ya?" --Garfield, "Garfield's Halloween Adventure"

Comments

Popular Posts