Halloween Art Journal Pages

I have a ton of Halloween papers, ephemera, and stamps. I have so much because I can't always bear to "part" with it. But with art journaling, it never goes anywhere. The stuff is preserved in my own little private journal. No one has to look at it except me. I can keep my favorites in there.

So here's a few things I've preserved so far this season.

Owl-loween:   I found a collection of owls in the Tim Holtz Halloweeen ephemera pack. I knew I'd never be able to use them on something I'd give away. Especially that fortune owl right at the top center. So I preserved them here.

The background was already completed...many different stencils were cleaned here. Both paint and ink. I added two long paper strips along a couple edges because I just loved the paper too much to throw it out. (are you seeing a theme here?) Added yellow letters from my stash for the play on words.



Happy Halloscream:  Another play on words. Here I was trying to preserve the star and moon paper. I found it refreshing to work in a color palette not normally associated with Halloween. Since the paper had bats in it, I cut the bats from a stencil. A little yellow gelato (Faber-Castell) gives the moon it's glow. (If you recall the Halloween Block Canvas last week, these papers were used in there as well. See, they were double sided. Ugh! The paper hoarders nightmare! Which side to use? So you need twice as much paper! Anyway, I generally like the "B" sides in a collection better than the "A" sides and that's what these patterns were.)

Mystery Lady:  I'm adding this in here briefly. More photos can be found in a past blog post dedicated to this layout. It was done for a challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang. I used an assortment of ephemera pieces from the Graphic 45 set, Master Detective. I found that the colors used in the papers were a perfect match for my Lindy's sprays, Hag's Wart Orange and Freaky Frankenlime. Head to THIS POST for more details and links to products.

So that's a wrap!
Just another week to go and it's Halloween!
Stay tuned!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts