Lawn Fawn Challenge II (I can't stop!)



A second card I made for a Lawn Fawn Challenge! Also using only the Sunny Skies set. (Honestly this set is SO versatile!)
 
Not a real fancy card but I love the simplicity of the picture it produces. My card was inspired by two general ideas I had. I wanted to do a border of the kite bow/strings and I liked the big and little aspect of the two kites provided in the set. It reminded me of that song from Disney's The Jungle Book, "I wanna be like youououou.."
 
So here's my supply list:
glossy white cardstock card
Lawn Fawn Sunny Skies clear stamp set
Distress Ink pad: Broken China (with applicator)
Distress Markers: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint,
Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord
Jewel Dazzles: multiple colors (Hot off the Press, PaperWishes.com)
StazOn Jet Black Ink pad
repositionable (non permanent) glue stick
black permanent fine line marker
 
Clean, simple...I likey!
Mask off the side borders with scrap paper that is the width of the large bowtie stamp. (I used repositionable glue stick to keep my border masks in place because you really need both hands for the next step.) Using a piece of cut-n-dry foam or a makeup sponge, apply Broken China to the rest of the card in a circular motion. (You don't have to cover the rest of the card. Leaving some white areas makes it look more like a sky.) Remove masks. (If you use glue stick, remove the masks as soon as you're done with them as the longer they stay there, the more likely that the glue will stick to the glossy card.) Stamp kites onto scrap white cardstock and color. Cut out and adhere to front of card. Stamp strings and clouds to finish the picture. Stamp large bows down both borders in black. Draw a line in black permanent marker between the bows to make your string. Color in with a rainbow of Distress Markers. Add a Jewel Dazzle to the center of each.
 
Wy
"Look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities. Forget about your worry and your strife."
---Baloo singing "The Bare Necessities" from Disney's, The Jungle Book


Comments

Popular Posts