Let Them Eat Cake!

I love making birthday cards with cake images. I mean let's face it, the only reason to celebrate a birthday when you're over 40 is for CAKE! And don't pretend that you're one of those people who say "no" to cake at a kid's birthday party. Don't pretend that the frosting is too sweet or you don't want extra. Ha! Gimmie those frosting roses and pile it on high!

So I made some birthday cards with some more "background" paper I had lying on my table.



Party Cake:  The stamp is from Hot off the Press. Stamped onto glossy cardstock with Jet Black Archival Ink (Ranger). I colored it with Distress Markers (Ranger). In case you didn't know, Distress Markers work very well on glossy cardstock. You just need to make sure not to smudge it because it takes a bit longer to dry. It also doesn't dry over the Archival Ink so don't just color over the black parts; it could cause a smudgy accident. I just cut my background paper to fit an A2 card, layered the stamped image on top and added a couple Dazzle jewel stickers in the corner. I also stamped a greeting on the inside of the card.

The background is a combination of sprays (Lindy's, Dylusions) and stencils. I even cleaned my skull stencil on here which had texture paste on it. I thought it was busy and messy enough to look like a real confetti and ribbon throwing party. :)

Thanks for gazing.
-Wy
"Age is just a number."

Comments

Popular Posts