Some More Inspiration Journal

I've shared previous pages from this journal on this blog. You can find them HERE, and HERE. I thought I had shared many more than just these two posts but apparently, I haven't! So here's some pages that may pique your interest.


 Orange Julius Ceaser:  IW#14. The inspiration from Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday was to be playful and make a page that just was fun and made you happy. She used a hand drawn character named Julius that a student made in one of her classes. So I made my own version of Julius but mine became a play on words because I didn't feel comfortable drawing my own little guy. So with a head like an orange, a toga, a few columns, and a laurel crown, my Ceaser is ready for his debut.

Overall, I really like this page as compared to some of my others. I was disappointed with it when I first finished it as I had put down text pages as the background and forgot to water down the paint enough so that you'd be able to see it. But after some time, I just like my Julius.



Poseys:  IW#17. The inspiration was to use black gesso in the background and to not think too much about the page. Just work along quickly. I didn't have black gesso but I did just get black Dylusions paint at a rubber stamp show. So I used that as the background. I followed Donna's layout pretty close and just tried to use up more paint. The finishing touch was some neon splatters in the background.



Life is a Canvas:  If you couldn't tell, this was a mop-up page. I had cleaned a lot of stencils here and the background was very busy. But I decided to try a technique on it. The splatter bird (Lost Coast Designs) that is stamped in the middle is stamped onto tissue paper and decoupaged on. I wanted to test it out before I started using it on canvas. I learned a bit which made it worth the try. After that, I added a favorite quote of mine about life and art.


 Dream Steam:  I had a crazy idea to make the large fish stamp (Life size blue gill; 100 Proof Press) into a balloon. The basket is the bottom part of tag from my stash. This was also my page to add some lettering. It occurred to me that I didn't doodle enough in my journal or use hand-lettering. I like to do it but often I just get lazy and never go back to the page to do it. I like the colors in this page and I'll be using that fish often.


Hope you found a few things to inspire your journals. I've got a few more pages to share soon; they need a finishing touch here or there. Watch for an update on my Artist Journal as well. I'm on track to finish that puppy by the end of THIS year!

And I just bought a new Dylusions journal...the square black one! Super excited to start using my Starburst sprays, Izinks, gelatos, and paints in there!
--Wy
NOTE: No TBT here. I'm trying to look forward this week and not back. Maybe next week!

Comments

Popular Posts