TBT: November 25, 2012


This Throwback Thursday is from Nov. 25, 2012. This was back when I first started making cards for display on the blog and for Challenge Blogs. I've always made cards for family and friends, and sometimes even for a craft/art fair or two.

This card was for a Lawn Fawn Challenge and used a stamp set I still have and love, Sunny Skies.
In fact, I just saw a couple of these stamps all ready to be colored on my craft table somewhere.
Hmmm, I wonder...

I just had to do a make-over of this card. Don't misunderstand, I like the card but I've learned so much since then and why not use what's just sitting there on my table?

Here's the card I made today:

So I masked off the clouds and blended Distress Ink over the background. My kite and bird were already stamped onto watercolor paper so I just colored and cut. I used some blue paper from the Let's Polka pack to cover my card base then just popped on my little scene.

Not only have my card skills improved, but also my photography skills! (It helps when you got a new "true white" Ott lite to light up the scene!)

Have a great end of the week!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts