Red Carpet Studio Challenge #80: Superheroes!

Time for another challenge at Red Carpet Studios! This time our theme is about Superheroes! October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and this theme is for all those TOUGH GIRLS out there who have faced this challenge and overcome it.

Pull out the capes and masks. Call up your sidekicks and dust off your catch phrases. It's time to create a papercraft to suit this heroic theme.

My favorite superhero will always be Spiderman. I like his style and his smart mouth. Superman is all brawn but Spiderman uses his brain. Batman might have brains but he relies too much on his high-tech toys. Spidey is all hero. The best mutant of all time. (Suck it up, Wolverine!)

So here's my card:

The Amazing Spiderman:  I took an A2 sized white card and stamped spiderwebs along the edges and corners. I free-handed the Spiderman head/mask. I drew it in pencil on the red cardstock then cut it out. I lined the details with a black sharpie then went over those lines with a Sakura Glitter Stardust pen. I stamped the sentiment from an alphabet stamp set and outlined them with the same black marker that I used to color in the eyes.

 

On the inside of the card, I added the remainder of the red cardstock and stamped the webs as well as the little spiders up the side.

I really wanted to limit the colors on this. Since Superheroes are copyrighted and liscenced products, it can be tough to reproduce without having specific products. But Spiderman can be pretty easy to mimic with cobwebs and spiders. Batman is another that can be "faked" with black and yellow and lots of bats.

I considered going on a different route and sticking to a comic book feel with added captions, sharply pointed word "bubbles", and thought bubbles or captions. I decided against it when my Spidey head came out looking pretty decent for a free hand drawing. (And this is from someone who doesn't usually like what she draws!) 

So if you've got your crafting stuff out this week or next, give our challenge a try. I'd love to see what you create!
--Wy
"Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can. Spins a web, any size. Catches thieves just like flies. Look out! Here comes the Spiderman!"  --Theme song from old Spiderman cartoon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts