Red Carpet Studios Challenge #75: Pitch Perfect

Another Red Carpet Studios Challenge has begun!
This time the theme is based on the movie, Pitch Perfect. It's not about baseball...it's about a musical group trying to make it to the championship. So the theme is MUSIC!

Go to the blog HERE to see all the details for submitting a project that pertains to the theme and you could win a little crafty surprise!


Vintage Musician: Completely inspired by this vintage photo of a lovely lady looking quite bored with a violin in her lap. Her expression seems to say, "yea, so, I play the violin" like it's no big deal. For those like me who have no musical inclination past singing to ourselves in the car, playing an instrument is always a big deal.


The card came together as a collage from the photo as I searched my stash for more musical items. I came up with a violin and a Victrola. The sheet music was a scrap I had lying about and the words seemed just perfect for the photo print. "never...a waste of time"


I inked up some doilies to place behind it to give it a touch of texture and some copper details to make it pop.

I hope you'll join the Challenge. It's bound to be fun and I can't wait to see what musical goodness you create! Be sure to link up over at Red Carpet Studios!
--Wy
"Helpless to resist the notes I write. For I compose the music of the night."  --The Phantom of the Opera, Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Comments

Popular Posts