Red Carpet Studios Challenge #74: Grown Ups

After my patriotic banner for the last challenge, I decided to go a bit simpler this round.

This Challenge is inspired by the movie, Grown Ups.

Challenge: Create a project that features "a kid at heart." Amusement parks, summertime fun, family get togethers...we can't wait to see your inspiration!
Challenge ends July 26th!

Here's the card I made. It measures 6.5 X 5.

Bubbles:  I cut the circles out for the bubbles and added a sheet of clear acetate behind the whole front. It didn't seem the effect I wanted so I added an iridescent embossing powder to each bubble to give the look of more dimension. I used a Versamark pen to add the curve then just heat set the powder (Stampin Up, Iridescent Ice). I inked the background with Distress Ink and outlined each bubble (Peacock Feathers). I just hand drew in the bubble wand and outlined two banners with sentiments. At the end, I decided it needed a few more small bubbles and added them in with an extra-fine tip Sharpie.

I like the card as it is one layer but still has quite an impact. A word of advice: The acetate will warp under heat embossing unless you have some of the "new" acetate I've heard about that does not. Mine did and at first, I wasn't too thrilled but after adding in my "sketchy" pen marks, I decided that it added to the card's homemade appearance. :)

So there's my card for some FUN! Hope you enjoyed.
I'd love to see what you make. Please go over to Red Carpet Studios for all the details of the challenge and submit a photo of your project!
--Wy
"Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional."

Comments

Popular Posts