You can see some great examples over at the challenge site: Eclectic Paperie. I know I've got plenty more started and hopefully, I'll be sharing them over the next few weeks.
Here's what I did for the challenge:
B is for Bird: I've had this parrot sitting in my space for too long. I prepped the card by sanding it then I used yellow and red fluid acrylic to make the background color. I added washi tape to a corner and some circle stamps in the opposite corner. I added the collage elements with gel medium and splattered neon orange paint over it all. Then, just outlined with some black sharpie.
I was really just experimenting with a bunch of different media and what would work on the playing card surface with/without prep. I just liked how the colors called out to my bird. I really wish the neon orange showed up better in the photo but for some reason my camera wanted to read it more white...maybe it really is a bright color!
After I did this, I also did this card:
Stretch your Wings: Another experiment with backgrounds, really. This card was sanded first then I used alcohol ink on it. I was testing it against an unsanded card and I liked the results on the unsanded card better. But this green looked so foliage like that I added a small tag (colored using Dylusions spray and copper Glimmer Mist). I like the idea of the butterfly stretching over the edges of the card and that gave me my words.
The butterfly is a hand carved stamp done from a picture of an actual monarch from an old identification guide. I stamped in Versamark and embossed it with Obsidian Violet powder (Lindy's Stamp Gang). I colored it with Derwent Inktense pencils and then went over that with Ice Silk's Acrylic Glaze to make it shimmer.
I'm sure I'll be making more as I had plenty of experimental cards with alcohol ink on them!
"One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." --Hans Christian Anderson