Display Case

I'm not sure what this is called, a display case, a shadow box, an ATC holder. The panels are a bit larger than ATC size and I'm not even sure if these things are still made. I have a few kicking around that I've been meaning to decorate but you know how that goes.

Anyway, I wasn't sure this project would even get done for this October as it was sort of a last minute addition to my line-up. But once I pulled out all the vintage Halloween postcard ephemera, I knew I had to get this done. My brother collects vintage Halloween postcards. He has a fascinating collection. The actual postcards are pretty valuable and I remember the weird and spooky images that were associated with them.

So this project is an ode to those old postcards that creeped me out with all those "vegetable people".
OMG! The potatoes have eyes!


(I apologize for the shoddy photos. It's very difficult for me to get a good shot of all the little boxes. But you get the idea.)



I tried to stick to my Witch theme but not all my ephemera had a witch. But black cats are often the witch's trusted familiar so I figured I was ok with these two. The pumpkins are those Tim Holtz Ideaology pumpkins that came out a couple years ago. These are foam so they can be cut and that's how I got them to stick into the boxes. I shaved off the back to make it flat and glued them in.



I was also (again) trying to use up little scraps and the "last ones" of things like rhinestone stars, flowers, brads, buttons, and that strip of ribbon along the bottom.

Naturally, one of my boxes had to have some potion ingredients!


My "bone collector" may not fit into the witch theme so that's why he's has that funky green background.


The Tim Holtz chipboard words and phrases came in very handy. They are sturdy enough to be glued to the outer edges of some boxes that needed an extra touch.



Again, apologies on the photo quality. There's always that one project where I just can't get any good light or angle. sigh.

Hope you enjoyed this little project!
See you on the 30th and 31st for the last of the Halloween posts!
-Wy

Comments

Popular Posts